Projects in Progress (2011-2012)
- Testing Citrix XenServers, XenDesktops, and XenApp
- Cost effective backup (onsite or moving to the cloud?)
- Classroom in a box with N-Computing. (Can N-computing fulfill the expectations?)
- VIVO Collaborative Research Project (see VIVO Update).
- User friendly Cpanel to users. (under testing)
- Integrating WordPress, DOCEBO, Atutor, and Claroline as tools in education.
- Assembly and maintenance of Hardware including PCs.
- Integrating Videoconference PRTCRT consortium
- “LoansomeDoc” original publications direct access for Academics.
- Virtual Patients (online applications)
- Testing Panologic (see site)
- Electronic Calendar (all Classrooms)
- Emergency Preparedness and Response of the UCC (EPRofUCC)
- Actualizing Academics with online Presentations (Transforming old formats in electronic format).
- Getting information during Clinical Residency (see advances in uccmd).
- Redesigning 2nd Floor of LIRC (ERC, Title V 2010-2011). (beging Sep 2011, webpage coming soon)
- “Jenzabar” as administrative environment (see general aspects of the Institutional Communication).
- Renewing the UCC webpages
- Seminar Series Integrating Students to the LIRC: Impact of web2.0 in Medicine (to be presented September 2011).
- Helping Students to generate Student Council web presence (See Website in development).
- Helping Students to generate Global Health of the UCC web presence (See Website in development).
- Producing Ipad and Iphone Apps (a) Translating Popular language to Medical definitions, (b) Easy phone call to UCC, (c) Activating the Emergency System.
- Integrating eBooks as a tool in the Human Resources Office (Issuu, Simpleboklet, etc.)
- Planning the LIRC-Institutional Business (LIRC-IB).
Projects Running (2010-2011):
- Instalation of the new Wifi system in the classrooms.
- Propagating the use of Social networks Twitter as example of Educational Tool (See #UCCaribe).
- Integrating Classrooms and Students using “WizIQ” (Biochemistry case).
- Generating Web sites to be incorporated in the UCC’ web site. (see links)
- Live@edu “Cloud Computing”
- Making easy the MD Students Match with e-Faxes
- Marketing the UCC programs and Offices by massive emails “Constant Contact“
- Classroom Response System (see presentation).
- UCC presence using external Hosting (www.uccaribe.org; www.uccaribe.net)
The following list includes those websites and/or subdomains completed or in process, in the UCC’ website and that are being developed the LIRC personnel. UCC web site (done by Mr. Roberto López) Learning and Information Resources Center’ Web site (requested by Dr. Legier Rojas) Feast (Title V project – done by Mrs. Caresly Sepulveda) Neuroscience …
The Cloud computing services at the UCC After consulting with several UCC-community members and comparing two possible alternatives (Google apps and Live@edu) we decide to implement the migration of the email service to the cloud services of email offered by “Live@edu”. Before the definitive migration we put in place a pilot test of this service that …
VIVO is an open-source, semantic web application that enables the discovery of research and scholarship across disciplines at an institution. VIVO is populated with detailed profiles of faculty and researchers, displaying items such as publications, teaching, service, and professional affiliations. VIVO brings together publicly available information on the people, departments, graduate fields, facilities, and other …