Nilsa Padilla Elías, MPA
Education and Training Coordinator PR/USVI
Northeast & Caribbean ATTC
- Accelerate the adoption and implementation of evidence-based and promising substance use disorder treatment and recovery-oriented practices and services.
- Heighten the awareness, knowledge, and skills of the workforce that addresses the needs of people with substance use and/or other behavioral health disorders.
- Foster regional and national alliances among culturally diverse practitioners, researchers, policymakers, funders, and the recovery community.
- Provide education, training, and intensive technical assistance.
- Develop regional specific products
- Respond to the needs of state/regional stakeholders, and also develop specific areas of expertise.
- Work to improve standards and policies in the field.
- Preparing the workforce to deliver services in recovery-oriented systems of care.
- Enhance the clinical and cultural competencies of practitioners.
- Serving as a resource for providers, community-based and faith-based organizations.