The Universidad Central del Caribe sponsors the Internal Medicine residency program, whose base hospital is the Dr Ramon Ruiz Arnau University Hospital. The program enjoys full accreditation by the American Council on Graduate Medical Education or ACGME.
To be eligible, the candidate must comply with all of the following:
- Be a graduate of a LCME or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) accredited medical school;, have passed the USMLE I and II tests and preferably the CS. Graduates of medical schools outside Canada and the United States of America must have a valid ECFMG certificate, or have completed a Fifth Pathway in a LCME accredited medical school plus the USMLE 1 and 2.
- Those who have graduated from a non-accredited medical school located in the US or Canada are not eligible.
To apply candidates will have to fill out our application form, and submit the completed form with the following:
- photo (2X2)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Evidence of USMLE 1,2 and others as applicable scores (only copies at this point)
- ECFMG certificate if applicable
- At least two (2) letters of recommendation from persons who have had a supervisory role in your career
- Good conduct certificate ( from the police in the area where you live)
- College and medical school transcripts
- Copy of the medical diploma
- Copy of the Dean’s letter.
- Immigrants must provide evidence of permanency as we do not sponsor visas of any type.
Other documents are accepted if they contribute to the applicant’s profile.
Applications are accepted throughout the year and application forms are available by electronic mail directed to Frances García MD, Program Director, at email@example.com. Applications must be sent directly to us at:
Universidad Central del Caribe
UCC Residency Program
Po Box 60327
Bayamon, Puerto Rico, 00960-6032
Note that fluency in Spanish is a must.