The Universidad Central del Caribe has enjoyed a strong relationship with its clinical affiliates for the last 20 years. They have been instrumental in the teaching and modeling of professionalism to our students and have offered their state of the art facilities to our students.
Thanks to Law 136, enacted in the year 2006, our clinical affiliates now enjoy a status conferred as members of the “Centro Medico Academico del Noroeste”. This gives them membership in the board of such corporation and an opportunity to participate actively in the development of services and programs in our region under the protection of this act.
Our clinical affiliates comprise the following well known institutions
- Ramón Ruiz Arnau University Hospital (Formerly Bayamón Regional Hospital) Bayamón, Puerto Rico, Main teaching hospital
- San Juan City Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- VA Caribbean Healthcare System, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Puerto Rico Children’s Hospital, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- First Hospital Panamericano, Cidra, Puerto Rico
- San Jorge Children’s Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico
- MetroPavia, Hato Rey, Puerto Rico
- HIMA San Pablo Hospital, Caguas, Puerto Rico
- HIMA San Pablo Hospital, Bayamon, Puerto Rico
- Manatí Medical Center Hospital, Manatí, Puerto Rico
- Metropolitan Hospital, Rio Piedras, Puerto Rico
- Ashford Presbyterian Hospital, San Juan, Puerto Rico
In addition, we have over 30 affiliations for clinical experiences in the Medicine Degree Program throughout Puerto Rico.
We also hold affiliations with non-profit organizations and other community initiatives such as:
Complejo Ciudad Dorada- Bayamón
Concilio de Salud de Loiza
Puerto Rico Concra
Programa Nuevo Amanecer / Alcance Comunitario
Gurabo Community Center, Inc.
Proyecto Nacer, Inc.
Municipio de San Juan Programa Mas Salud Sida con Salud