Professional Counseling services are available through the Deanship for Admissions and Student Affairs. The Counseling Office assists students in taking advantage of the educational opportunities at the Universidad Central del Caribe, and contributes to the students’ efforts in attaining their professional goals. Students at risk have available an array of student support programs through the Counseling Office. These programs provide support to students with external situations that might be hindering academic performance. They also help identify opportunities for students to excel as they identify the talents and attributes in their pursuit of academic excellence.
These programs and services include:
- Academic and Career Counseling to promote the student professional development.
- Personal Counseling to help students manage the pressures related to school and their personal life. Personal counseling is offered on-campus by a Clinical Psychologist not affiliated to the Universidad Central del Caribe.
- Student Tutorial Program with the goal of providing academic tutorial assistance to students confronting academic difficulties.
- Peer Mentoring Program aiming at assisting students in developing their fullest potential in pursuit of their academic goals.
- Support for the creation of new in student leadership initiatives or student interest groups.
- Immersion Week for the entering freshman class in the summer before the beginning of the academic year.
- USMLE Step I Longitudinal Program to provide guidance and activities for the medical students preparation for the exam.
- Wellnes Workshops on how to improve study habits, develop better and safety attitudes towards and deal with stressful situations are conducted.
The Counseling Office implements a comprehensive prevention effort directed at minimizing effects of societal problems among our student body such as: substance abuse, violence, unwanted pregnancies, suicide. Students are encouraged to live a healthy life and adopt enriching experiences throughout their stay at the UCC.