BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1
The American Heart Association’s BLS for Healthcare Providers Online Part 1 Course, Web-based and accessible 24 hours a day, provides a flexible alternative to classroom training. Through case-based scenarios, interactive activities and videos, this course teaches the concepts of both single-rescuer and team basic life support.
Healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
• Key changes in basic life support, reflecting new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
• Critical concepts in high-quality CPR
• The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
• 1-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• 2-rescuer CPR and AED for adults, children and infants
• Differences among adult, child and infant rescue techniques
• Bag-mask techniques for adults, children and infants
• Rescue breathing for adults, children and infants
• Relief of choking for adults, children and infants
• CPR with an advanced airway*
* This is an introduction to the compression and ventilation rates for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
eLearning (online lessons blended with hands-on skills session)
Takes approximately 1-2 hours to complete Part 1. Additional time required for skills practice and testing ( Parts 2 and 3).